Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Quick getaway to Mammoth Mountain





Garett and I took a couple of days and escaped to Mammoth Mountain to do some snowbording. We arrived there just after the main part of the storm where they had just recieved about 4 or 5 feet of snow. We stayed at a darling little bed and breakfast right there in the main part of town. The weather was perfect, the views of the mountains were spectacular, we had a blast snowboarding, the ride up the chairlift to the top of the mountain was breathtaking, the bagels that we got each morning were amazingly delicious, the fireplace at the end of the day was perfect, and we loved being there with our friends Kyle and Erica. I have to say that one of my favorite memories was when Erica and I had decided to take a break at the lodge and let the boys go tear up the mountainside without us. We sat outside by the fire and I was enjoying a warm bowl of soup in my bread bowl and it began to snow. It was so beautiful and I literally had to stop to take in the moment. Its in moments like that that you are so grateful for this beautiful world that we live in. We had a fabulous time and look forward to getting Jake on the slopes soon too.

0 comments: